Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Free Day

Today we did group pictures at 11:30, but we were otherwise free. We had a long, lazy breakfast, then went to the playroom

Breakfast at the White Swan



.








About 11:00 we went up to the room so that Mia, JW, and Devyn could change into their group photo clothing. I was sure JW would cry during the photo session, but he was fine.

The little emperor surveys the koi pond.




Family photo




Eiley and JW




Cassie and Devyn






Ready for the group photo!




I am as surprised as you are that he didn't take off the hat.






The kids in our half of the Guangzhou travel group.






After the photos, we strolled around Guangzhou and went to Lucy's for lunch.
We ordered ice cream for dessert, and it was actually good!


Yay! Ice cream!


On the way back to the hotel from Lucy's, we bought the kids the feathered shuttlecock/hackey sack things that are used for Jianzi. Here in Guangzhou and at E Ling park in Chongqing, lots of people are practicing this game.


After lunch we went swimming in the hotel pool, and JW actually got in the baby pool of his own volition. Alert the media.
Following the swim, some of us took naps while others of us watched Myth Busters -- the attack dog one.

Now we are trying to decide what to do for dinner. Noodle bowls from 7 Eleven? Room service? Lucy's? Thai Zen? La Dolce Vita? I think my bathroom scale will go into shock when I get home. But it won't suffer long before being crushed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop a quick note to say I've loved following along on your journey! (I'd always get called away by one of the wee-ones before I could comment before)

JW is suuuucchhhhh a cutie, and it sounds like he's doing great!

Big (((hugs))) from the Zubaks

PS - I hear you about the scale; I pigged out in Vietnam - yikes!

Anonymous said...

I think Craig believes me to be "crazy"! I got behind on your posts and have spent the past hour or so "catching" up. It looks like ya'll have had the adventure of a lifetime and are coming home with the ULTIMATE keepsake! Safe travel to you all!

Susan H.